The Zero to Data Science Bootcamp will help you learn data science in your free time and find a job in about 6 months. New batches start every month and the batch size is limited to 40 participants.
The bootcamp will run over 24 weeks and will require about 16 to 20 hours of work every week. About 20-30% of that time will be spent attending classes on weekends, and the rest will be spent working on assignments & projects during the week.
You can participate in this bootcamp while working/studying full time. We've structured it such that you will be able to stay on track or catch up even if you have a busy week or two at work/school.
Over the 24 weeks, you will complete 7 data science courses, work on 14 weekly assignments, and build 4 real-world portfolio projects. The seven courses are:
- Programming with Python
- Statistics for Data Science
- Data Analysis with Python
- Data Visualization with Python
- Practical Machine Learning
- Excel, SQL & Analytics
- Career Readiness Training
The weekly assignments will test these skills.
More importantly, you'll build the following projects:
- Web Scraping with Python
- Exploratory Data Analysis with Python
- Machine Learning with Python
- Open-ended (you decide)
You'll pick a large unique real-world dataset for each project.
The classes are taught by Aakash N S, CEO of Jovian
- He holds a degree in computer science & mathematics from IIT Bombay
- He was a software engineer at Twitter, in Ireland & San Francisco
- He was a world finalist at ACM ICPC, the Olympics of programming
- Courses taught by Aakash have over 1.5 million views on YouTube
You can schedule 1-on-1 mentorship calls with Aakash and Siddhant, founders of Jovian, during the bootcamp.
The bootcamp offers a virtual classroom-like experience:
- Classes are held over Zoom, and TAs are available to answer questions
- Recordings of the classes will be available in case you can't attend
- We'll demonstrate concepts and solve example problems by writing code
- You can ask questions, participate in polls and resolve issues immediately
- You can follow along in an online coding environment and solve exercises
You'll be added to a study group to help you stay motivated and learn from your peers
- Each group will be guided by a mentor from the Jovian team
- You'll share regular updates with your group on Slack to stay accountable
- You'll meet with your group regularly to help and support each other
- Instructors will be available to clarify doubts and assist you during weekly calls
You'll have several avenues to get help anytime you need it
- Ask questions in classes & weekly study group calls held over Zoom
- Resolve coding issues & clarify doubts via Slack (on common channels on DMs)
- Book 1-on-1 calls with the course team if none of the above work
We'll focus on "Career Readiness Training" for the last 4 weeks, where you will:
- Polish, publish & present your projects online
- Craft the perfect Resume & LinkedIn profile
- Learn to apply for the right jobs, the right way
- Practice & prepare to ace interviews
The two biggest hurdles in self-learning are a lack of structure & a lack of accountability. We've designed the bootcamp to address both: we'll teach you exactly what you need to learn and help you stay on track. You need to show up & concentrate (it's hard enough), and YOU WILL SEE RESULTS!
Your association with us doesn't end after 24 weeks. We'll support you with anything you need for 6 months: doubt clarification, project guidance, Resume writing, job applications, mock interviews, offer negotiation & more. We aim for a 100% success rate with every batch, nothing less!
Please fill out the application form to learn more and decide if this bootcamp is right for you.